Wednesday, October 26, 2005

As Autumn Approaches

I feel like Einstein working in the patent office. As Einstein worked out his theory of relativity while shuffling papers in Switzerland, because he had time on his hands, so, too, am I able to clarify the mystical experience, as I work in the media room for an institute of "enlightenment". I am now able to see the extreme forms of a path, an approach, or a system of philosophy. For example, the renunciation of material things: There are men in India who abandon all possessions, even clothing. This is the logical conclusion, and then, ofcourse, abandonment of the corporeal self (the body), to renunciation of material dependency.

What does it take to cultivate a better world, one where the best of the material and the best of the heavenly are agreeably blended? Must a Westerner retreat to India? Or, must a little bit of India visit the west? In fact, the western mystical traditions are different from the east, having evolved differently, the way creatures with an exoskeleton evolved differently from those with an endoskeleton. They share a broad, commmon similarity, i.e., head, thorax, abdomen, and jointed legs. They each have eyes located where you would expect eyes to be located, and also a brain and central nervous system. Therefore, the mystical experience is shared by all peoples, as we share the same Breath of Life. Yet, the book is written differently, from left to right, and in a different language. It occurs to me that one need not travel far to be able look within, or to know how to look within. The desire to know of the eternal is woven into the fabric of the self. The pattern changes among the tribes of man, so that the Hopi and the Hermetic both seek the Divine in their own way.

I, too, seek enlightenment in my own way, and I am in a fortuitous position of being free to discover my own way. I will have to write a book soon, to engrave the worth of my words upon the pleroma of civilization.